Weekend Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 9/28/12 10:51 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA Peeps,
I missed checking in on Friday's Roll Call, sorry Laureen.  My volunteer job is usually boring, but not yesterday.  I was extremely busy cutting out paper ghosts.  It's for our agency's Pumpkinfest in October.  I'll post a link in a separate post.

Today, I'll be baking cookies and probably making a pasta salad for my regular AA meeting's big anniversary meeting.  The Greater Levittown Group is 48 years old, and they have a huge meeting today at 6:00.  

Then, tomorrow, I am attending the church I went to when my husband and I broke up.  My dear friend, Ruth, from Florida will be there.  She and her husband are in town for Cairn University's (Philadelphia Biblical University) homecoming in Langhorne.  They met there when the campus was in Center City Philadelphia.  This friend got me through my divorce, and has spiritually guided me for the past 15 years.  

Prior to attending my old church, I have to scoot to my regular church for a workshop during the Sunday School hour.  

Laureen, you are a terrific sponsor to help your sponsee over the weekend learn to live outside of the halfway house by staying with you.

Beth, you and your Mom are in my prayers.  I know the time you have with her is precious, and bitter at the same time.

Everyone have a blessed weekend.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 9/29/12 2:35 am
Happy weekend! I am off work and face a mountain of tasks to get ready to head north on Monday. But the temptation to have a lazy start to the day was just too sweet.

I made a new recipe for mixed bean soup last week. It was fantastic! I will post here later on - a great meatless high fiber option that I was able to share with some work friends, and still have 3 days' worth for me.

We could certainly tell that it was a full moon yesterday at work. Every wacky kind of person, tech issue, down time, lockouts, etc...thought it would never end! I got home and jumped right into my pj's!

Tske care everyone. Beth, you and your family conti use to be in my prayers.
bvohl
on 9/29/12 5:11 am

Lynn,

When are you coming up north?? Maybe we could meet up, barring any other issues with my mom. I don't think it will be long now.

Thanks for the caring words and thoughts!!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 9/29/12 12:20 pm
 Beth, I have to play it by ear on the schedule. I arrive Oct. 2 but it is possible I will be having some facial plastics done on Oct. 4. So let's see how recovery goes. Mike and I leave to come back to FL on the 11th. 
IdaMae D.
on 9/30/12 12:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Luck with your plastics will keep you in our prayers!

IdaMae

jackie M.
on 9/29/12 3:40 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 Hello PA...

Survived the Bloomsburg fair lastnight.  Soon as I got home I had a yogurt....  Hubby said it wouldn't hurt if I had something just one night..  Oh yeah it would, I told him I would feel guilty for eating regular food.  I am doing what I need to do for my surgery and to break any part of it at any time would me failure in my book.  I know someone who had surgery done a few days after a holiday and she was eating a regular meal.  I can't be like that.  

The grandkids had fun.  Spent $10 for each kid to ride the rides and when they were done, that was it.  Had NO problems with the grandkids on that.  I got to play bingo.  Hubby won right aways, while I had countless games in which I was 1 away...  

I stepped on the scales today and weighed in at 247.  That is 6 lbs lighter than Monday at surgeon's office...   Woohoo...

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

bvohl
on 9/29/12 5:16 am
Good Afternoon Trish and PA!

I was up early this morning, so I went to see my folks. My mom didn't look good at all, but what should I expect?? Hoping for a miracle, I guess?!?! After that I went to the store to pick up a few things to make ahead for dinners during the week. Came home to deal with the HUGE pile of clean laundry that needed to be put away. I am trying to get as much done as possible. I have no idea what I will be like once my mom passes. Although I lost her mentally many years ago, to have her here physically was somehow comforting. It was torturous to see her fade away like I did. I just hope G-D gives her a safe and easy passage. She has suffered enough!!

Sorry I am rambling....

Hope you have a GREAT day!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 9/29/12 9:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello Trish & PA:

It's been quite awhile since I've manged to get onto OH.  Live is so busy - it's insane at times.  Got some good news on the house saga - can't go into it now - someday....Gene and I can breath a bit for a couple days as least - now to see what slimmy, underhanded, fradulant, manipulative, thing the GC and his slimmy lawyers can come up with this time. 

The house is still under construction - really getting to me - our son-in-law had been working on it, for the last month or so all work has come to a total standstill.....so AGGRIVATING....

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday.  She is 33 today - where has time gone - she's still a babe in my eyes....

Trish and Laureen it is wonderful what you both do with AA.  My cousins daughter after Memorial day lost both her children, due to her drinking and substance abuse.  She was away in detox for 45 days, and is now out  attending tons of AA meetings and trying to stay sober, Friday she receiced her 60 day coin (I think that is what she called it)  My hat is off to you both - you are amazing woman who I truely admire!

Beth - my love is with you.....take care of yourself - if you need anything give a yell.

Lynn if you have time for a get together while you are in PA let me know - would love to have the chance to meet you.  I think we might have met at Barix but not sure.

Hugs and love to all....

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views